/ Sport grades for Southern Sandstone Routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Michael Porter - on 04 Oct 2012
After climbing with a friend on the Sandstone at the weekend he doesn't do much Sport, mostly a Trad man! and he was intrigued as to how hard the routes he can do on the Sandstone are if they had a French grade. I would find it very hard to comment on sport grades for the routes having climbed most of them many times, so it would be interesting to know peoples thoughts on what grades the routes of 5b-6c would get if we applied the sport grading system to them.

Here goes as a start.

Temptation - 7b/+
Senerade Arete - 7a
Digitalis - 7a+
Sandman - 7a
Hate - 6c (ish)?
Pig's nose - 5/+

Michael

CurlyStevo - on 04 Oct 2012
to be honest for the grades UK5a - UK5c in most cases it really is just add two grades to get the sport grade (plus or minus a + grade) not all that many exceptions to the rule IMO. Especially on the routes with stars.
Monk - on 04 Oct 2012
In reply to Mikey P:
Of the routes you've listed that I know, I'd agree with your grades, except for digitalis. No way it's 7a+, prob only 6c+.
dan gibson - on 04 Oct 2012
In reply to Mikey P:

Carbide Finger 8a

Temptation 7a/+

The Thing. Ungradeable!!!

Gordon Stainforth - on 04 Oct 2012
In reply to Monk:
> (In reply to Mikey P)
> Of the routes you've listed that I know, I'd agree with your grades, except for digitalis. No way it's 7a+, prob only 6c+.

Then doesn't that put Serenade Arete back to 6c? (I remember coming v close to success on this rather than Digitalis).
Michael Porter - on 04 Oct 2012
In reply to dan gibson: I heard Carbide was Hathersage 2a+ (Essex 1b-)!!!!!!!!!!
ads.ukclimbing.com
dan gibson - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Mikey P:

Braintree grades are tough!

Krait Arete 7a+ ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.