/ Tough trouser recommendations please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mikekeswick - on 05 Oct 2012
I'm looking for some new 'cragging' trousers and am not overly impressed with the durability of most that I have seen/tried. Basically something super tough that can take a bit of a hammering on the grit this winter...without wearing through on the first thrutchy chimney! Also fairly thick for a bit of wind resistance on those brisk days :) Casual rather than techy.
Cheers.
johncook - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to mikekeswick: Troll Omni. Windproof. Mine have withstood several seasons on both grit and american granite, including many thrutches (My lousy style of climbing, I sometimes even thrutch slabs) They are fitted to allow for very free movement, even my crazy almost splits flexibility. Available from Browns in Llanberis and other places. Enjoy.
gear boy - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to mikekeswick:

ME Ibex
Montane Terra Alpine

Both non techy looking, i.e no patchy knees and the like
Mike7 on 05 Oct 2012
chris687 - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to mikekeswick:

Haglofs Mid Fjell pant. Awesome.
3leggeddog on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to mikekeswick:

Wickes have scruffs work trousers on special offer at the moment. I bought some for diy, got them home and decided they were too good for that. Thick tough synthetic material, reinforced knee, diamond crotch. Just the job 20 with knee pads included for those nasty off widths
Murko Fuzz - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to mikekeswick:

Jeans. By Simond, available from Decathlon.
John_Hat - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to mikekeswick:

I use the combats sold by Asda. Solid, comfy, warm, and 5 for the cheap ones and 10 for the expensive ones (or thereabouts).

Lose their colour at speed - the ones I've got on now are decidedly very grey - but I've been climbing in them and their two identical friends for two years, inside twice a week and outside on grit most weekends March-October, and there's no sign of wearing through. ..
ads.ukclimbing.com
mikekeswick - on 08 Oct 2012
In reply to Mike7: Thanks for the ideas. Those grit pant jobs look just the ticket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.