/ Pertex Gilet / Body-warmer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
AWR on 05 Oct 2012
I'm after a thin, loose fitting, single layer pertex/windproof gilet for hillwalking and general outdoor stuff.

I run quite warm so I've got merino wool base layers and they're really great and keep me at the right temperature used on their own when I'm out and about - only thing is, they show off the man-boobs a bit too much so, for the meantime while I'm working to reduce them does anyone know of any loose(ish) fitting windproof but not insulated gilets? The only ones I've seen so far seem to be fore cycling focussed and I'm guessing they'll be quite close fitting, and I'm never really comfortable in close fitting clothes!

Can anyone help?
MonkeyPuzzle - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to MountainsAreBetterThanOffices:

Ta daaaaaaa!

http://www.montane.co.uk/products/men/windproof/featherlite-ultra-gilet/832

If you're worried about it being tight, go a size up, surely?
AWR on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

It's the logical choice, I know...it's the 'slender fit' description that worries me...might just nip up a size like you say.

Although with 12 views in such a short space of time I'm guessing I'll be doing a service to the community by buying one and posting how it fits!
The New NickB - on 05 Oct 2012

You might struggle, that sort of garment does the job it is designed for best if it is a snug fit.
AWR on 11 Oct 2012
Quick update - the Montane gilet in size XL was TIGHT. Which means their size charts are way out - the measurements given on their site and that of the gilet are very different!
martinph78 on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to MountainsAreBetterThanOffices: Go to sports direct, try 'em on! They have a running section now and have some good kit at cheap prices. I get loads of stuff from their now. Rather pay 3 for a tee than 30 for example ;)

In reply to Martin1978: I was also going to say check the running section of places like Decathlon. It might be in safety yellow (mine is) but they won't have the longer back and possibly back pockets that many cycling gilets have.
ads.ukclimbing.com
wilkesley - on 12 Oct 2012

I have got a Marmot Dri-Clime gilet, which I got in a sale. It's loosish on me - Gilet size L and I am 6ft 2" with a 38" chest.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.