/ Whats Roche Rock like?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Elrond - on 05 Oct 2012
As in the title pretty much, whats it like? Any good for bouldering as well as leading?

Cheers
Tom Last - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

Very limited bouldering but a few good problems. Some good routes up to (a very hard) E4.

Best routes are VS/HVS.

Very friendly rock, dries quick, nice spot.

All covered in the new guide.
Iain Peters - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

Definitely worth buying the new guide. Lots of high class granite bouldering and short routes (all grades) in lovely surroundings on nearby Bodmin Moor.
Iain Peters - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Iain Peters:

Just seen your profile, guess you already know!
pauljackson - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts: Visited a few weeks ago for the first time. Just great climbing!!!
ledifer on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:
let us know how you get on if you do go. It's on my wishlist (vdiffs and HVDs). Hopefully I'll get down this year before it gets too cold.
deepstar - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts: I enjoyed climbing at Roche Rock though it was very crowded by two instructional groups(I got the impression that this was a usual venue for them).East Chimney is an excellent route and there is plenty of bouldering.
jezb1 - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts: Pleasant enough crag, lovely rock there. Does get used by groups quite a lot and therefore gets really muddy at times.
Elrond - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

Thanks for the help everyone, sounds like a decent place to go!

Will hopefully get over there soon as!

Cheers
natetan - on 08 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts: Fun and interestingly featured rock... probably not more than a day's worth!
Skip - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

Climbed there on Tuesday. Managed seven routes. Easy access, good friction, interesting short routes. Particularly liked Tregagle's Buttress, Porky and Lord Falmouth.
ads.ukclimbing.com
stroppygob - on 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts: Whats Roche Rock like?

"it's like a big bit of rock with climbs on it, but that's not important right now."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.