Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Jordan: scrambling, walking and diving

James B - on 08 Oct 2012
I'm going to Jordan for the first time for a fortnight in November. My climbing partners have biffed on this occasion but it sounds well worth visiting anyway. I'm thinking of dividing my time between walking/scrambling and diving. I've got Tony Howard's "Walks, Treks, Caves.." but I'd really appreciate any first hand advice or recommendations.

I'd like to spend some time in the desert among the Jebels, and possibly to walk or scramble in the Petra area if it isn't too full of tourists. I'd also like to stay at Aqaba for some diving -I'm thinking of using Arab Divers.

Is it possible to bivvi in Wadi Rum, or would the presence of snakes/camel spiders/hyenas/scorpions or other unfriendly or over-friendly desert creatures make for an uncomfortable night? Do I really need to lug a tent around? I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Are there any places north of Amman that it would be criminal to miss?

If you had 2 weeks in Jordan what would you do with it?

Cheers

James
... not showing 23 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums