/ Download and Slideshow Software

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Turdus torquatus on 08 Oct 2012
I currently use Canon's Zoombrowser software for downloading images from my Canon camera and looking at them in a slideshow to decide which to bin and which to print. Unfortunately the software doesn't recognise which photos have already been downloaded when using Mrs T's Panasonic camera, which is a bit of a pain.

Can anyone recommend an alternative please? Ideally something which also allows EXIF tagging.

I've tried Microsoft's Gallery thing, but it doesn't seem able to do a slide show using the orientation data in the files.

I'm using Windows Vista. I also have Photoshop Elements 7.0 if that helps.
TryfAndy on 09 Oct 2012
In reply to Turdus torquatus:

Lightroom is pretty simple to get the hang of, but is a decent bit of software too.
rallymania - on 09 Oct 2012

does elements 7 include adobe bridge?
Turdus torquatus on 09 Oct 2012
In reply to rallymania:
> (In reply to Turdus torquatus)
>
> does elements 7 include adobe bridge?

Not in Windows it seems. There's some sort of organiser instead.

rallymania - on 10 Oct 2012

it guess it depends if you want to go free or have some budget for this?

for example
PS elements 10 includes adobe bridge which can organise, download from your camera / card reader and also has a built in slide show function
as said above there's also Lightroom which is a touch more expensive, but possibly better

however if you want free, you could probably find a few different programs that together will ultimately do all you want.

i'm using bridge / cameraraw and photoshop but i think if i was starting again would probably go down the lightroom route.
i'm pretty sure you can trial it for a month to see if it does what you want... however all adobe products have "best ways" of doing things that are worth learning through youtube etc
try www.creativecow.net for some great tuturials for example
Turdus torquatus on 10 Oct 2012
In reply to rallymania:

Thanks. I had look at the organiser in Photoshop - it seemed a bit clunky. I'll trial Lightroom.Happy to pay if there's something decent available.
rallymania - on 11 Oct 2012

i haven't used LR4 personally, but loads of ppl on here rate it highly

happy editing
Hannes on 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Turdus torquatus: Lightroom is excellent, especially if you shoot in RAW format.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.