ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Pat Littlejohn on the Petzl Roc Trips

Did I miss it, or has there not been a thread about Pat Littlejohn's comments in last months Climb about the Petzl Roc Trips? He thinks that they give a very bad image of climbing, particularly like the one in China that took place in a national park. He called them the creation of "sport climbing resorts" and worries it could get climbing banned and perhaps most damming of all, suggests Petzl are just trying to increase sport climbing in developing countries so they can grab a big piece of the market in the emerging economies. That last bit sounds a bit fanciful to me, and I've always thought that Petzl did lots of work with local communities and authorities when they run the trips. Are the Petzl Roc Trips really "completely at odds with the sort of low impact exploration ethic that's been developed in the mountains over the past four decades"? Perhaps they're aren't to the the "mountains" so it's a different (and OK?) ethic?
... not showing 26 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums