/ My first road bike is bought! (Pic included)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Mountains - on 09 Oct 2012
Couldn't help but share this as it was UKC which pointed me in the direction of the Triban 5 which I had never heard of before!

Been looking at buying my first road bike for a while now and decided on the BTwin Triban 3 or 5 as budget limited. Was going to buy new and had been to Decathalon shop to check size (60cm) etc..
Anyway saw this on ebay yesterday and had a bid, got it for 370 in the end.

Its a 12 month old Triban 5 (which was apparently only used for 3 months) with a few upgrades which are: Shimano Ultegra carbon pedals, carbon stem, full mudguards, Cateye computer, Shimano 105 derailleurs & Hutchinson equinox tyres.

Pic here: http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr313/trek1234green/KGrHqRgwFg6QqzfBQb5S1u9g60_12.jpg

Davvers - on 09 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Nice, what make/model are the mudguards ?
Toby_W on 09 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains:

Sweet. Looks nice, a bargain and the fact it allows mudguards is a bonus, getting them with it even better.

Cheers

Toby
In reply to Davvers:

Don't know. Pick it up tomorrow.
Davvers - on 09 Oct 2012
In reply to Toby_W:

That's exactly why I was asking. I have the same bike and finding mudguards to fit was difficult. The ones in the picture look like a better fit than the ones I got, hence the question :-)
Davvers - on 09 Oct 2012

ahh , ok
Toby_W on 09 Oct 2012
In reply to Davvers: My thought on the mudguards was.. nice enough to be expensive ones ~ >30.

Good luck with getting some.

Toby
In reply to Davvers:

I will let you know when I pick it up tomorrow.
Enty - on 09 Oct 2012

Awesome - don't make the mistake of getting a Garmin and signing up to Strava like I did last week!

E
In reply to Enty:

Why?

Enty - on 09 Oct 2012

Long story - but check out the Strava thread - it's addictive and you'll never be off the bike!

E
MaciejZ on 16 Oct 2012 - mol92-1-82-67-218-128.fbx.proxad.net
So, what make/model are the mudguards then, and what is your opinion on them?

I got myself Triban 3 few days ago, and would need to get the guards now too. Considering Crud Road Racers 2 or SKS Bluemels - are yours one of those?
ads.ukclimbing.com
lost1977 - on 16 Oct 2012

ignore Enty and get on strava, there are worse things to be addicted to

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.