Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - "Best pistes in the Alps"?

ed woods - on 10 Oct 2012
Just made a similar post on snowheads, but thought it would be a good thread with a different crowd on here, more ideas the better...

I'd be really keen to hear anyone's personal tips/suggestions for "best pistes in the Alps"... I'm thinking along the lines of a personal 'hitlist' of resorts to visit - would be great to share/get other's ideas

Broad topic I know, what makes 'best' etc - so why not add a 'why'? Maybe best by colour would be good too, but that's a different thread.

So how about a top 5 personal favs along with a quick why...?

Mine might be, in no order:

1. Folyeres, La Tania - definitive best blue in the Alps! Fast, nice length and a good burger at the bottom!

2. Point de Vue all the way to Argentiere, Grand Montets - 2000m from glacier (stunning views) down to forest - if you can do it in a one-er/no stops, respect!!

3. The red under the Schonleitenbahn, Saalbach - always quiet 'cos you only ever take it by mistake when you're trying to get to Saalbach village, but always fun once you pass that point of no return!

4. The red down to Villaroger from the Aiguille Rouge, Les Arcs - a really sweet part of the classic long descent.

5. The red from the top of Aberg-Langeck down to Hintermoos, Hochkonig – hard to choose from any of the longer reds in this area, descent to Dienten especially, they’re all good.

Bit of France/Austria bias there - but that's what comes to mind for runs I've enjoyed!
... not showing 22 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums