ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - The bible that is Yorkshire Gritstone has arrived

chalkyjim - on 19 Oct 2012
Finally got my hands on the new grit guide and after all the hype I can only say it stands up as the forerunner of how it should be done. The YMC team has done itself proud with the quality of layout, the photos detailing the routes, the route description and the action shots are all really inspiring. Couple that with the history and what must have been an endless research project into the history of climbing in the area, this book isn't just a grit tick list, it's a to do list.
The divide between volumes was a scary proposition having to buy two guides instead of one complete guide but it is clear that with this level of detail to have a single comprehensive guide would be impossible and at 25 stands at amazing value for money. Climbers are famously tight non more so than myself but how many other books will you be referancing in 10-15 years time.

Good effort to all involved and I hope the second part of the guide stands up to this one.
Jim
... not showing 74 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums