Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Winter Skills Courses for beginners

rich pyne - on 30 Oct 2012
Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if I put this on the right post or not, but as I have my Winter Mountain Leader Assessment booked for Feb,I am looking gain some "log book days", by running some mock Winter Skills Courses.

What I am looking for is people that would like to venture into the winter hills, but have had no formal training. Ideally these people should have a summer hill walking background, and as I dont have any spare kit to dish out, they must also bring their own walking axe,crampons and helmet.
It will be run as a full on Course, but without any cost to the student.

I am based in the Lake District, so access to the hills is no issue.The only thing I ask is that you must be able to fit in around my days off from work, which is usually weekdays, though it does vary.I will be in Scotland for the last two weeks of Jan if any one North of the Border is interested.

If you are interested , please email me with your ideas and I'll get back to you, so we can talk about where, when and how.

All the best,
Rich

... not showing 46 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums