/ Buffalo Teclite Shirt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pepperpot - on 09 Nov 2012
Just wondered if anyone has a Buffalo Teclite shirt? What do you think? How warm are they? Too hot?

Thinking of getting one as a catch all top for general mucking about, very cold runs, and mountain biking.
Ron Walker - on 09 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot:

A friend has an old one and uses it for everything from ski touring, running, biking to climbing. Very similar in performance to the old Rab VR but more wind-proof and cooler the the new Rab VR's. It's a lot cooler than the Buffalo Shirts BTW!
A good bit of durable and versatile kit, though Buffalo is now out of fashion with many less experienced non professional outdoor users...
pepperpot - on 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Ron Walker:

Way beyond the age where fashion is key. I just want to be comfortable without buggering about...
Robert Dickson on 09 Nov 2012 - 130.88.9.98 whois?
In reply to pepperpot: Hi, I got the cycling specific one (naff yellow) and I must say my experience is mixed. The cut seems just plain weird. Initially I ordered a medium online from Needlesports after a chat with them re. sizing. When I got it, it was huge! I'm 5'9" and it was like wearing ( I imagine, cough) a very long rustly yellow dress. It came to mid-thigh at the front. They kindly replaced it with a small, which is better but still ridiculously long. The sleeves have voluminous, gathered elasticated cuffs which make me feel like I should have a pair of maracas to hand at all times. Also given the loose fit on the arms means that they don't really function as Buffalo gear should in wet weather. I'm a big fan of Buffalo stuff and use their winter version of the cycling shirt on my winter commute and can't fault it.

That's just my experience, and I may have been unlucky or I'm just a very odd shape.
In reply to pepperpot: I cannot fathom why you want to go running in a Buffalo, even the Teclite, even in a blizzard. You will boil.
Toerag - on 09 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot: I have one having finally killed my tecmax which was awesome, but very warm. It's good at what it does, but I think I might just get a windshirt next time - it's too hot to wear over a fleece or jumper whilst walking, and also just a t-shirt in summer. The pertex is noticeably thinner than on the tecmax and I'm consciously avoiding trashing it, whereas my tecmax was bombproof.
Gentleman Antiquarian - on 09 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot:

My "go-to" outdoor top, much to my son's horror. Light enough to be comfortable when walking, scrambling or climbing; excellent venting options; sleeves can be pushed up; really useful pouch pocket which can easily take OS maps; half decent hood; windproof up to about 25 mph; washes easily I just vary the base layer according to the time of year and, oh yes, too warm for summer wear.

I was recommended the top by some of my students who frequented the moors of south-west England doing fieldwork and I've never regretted the purchase. I just wish they did the shirt in something other than black!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Ron Walker - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot:
> (In reply to Ron Walker)
>
> Way beyond the age where fashion is key. I just want to be comfortable without buggering about...

I use the Rab VR smock and would use the Buffalo Teclite next to my skin as it works best that way and I don't have to bugger about with extra layers too...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.