/ Looking for partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Climberbell on 12 Nov 2012 - 97-94-171-149.static.mtpk.ca.charter.com
Hey there,

I'll be visiting family in Wales this summer and hoping to get some climbing in. I climb sport and trad and can lead (tho won't be bringing my trad gear). I'm from Southern California so have no clue how to convert the ratings, but here I lead sport up to 10c (follow to 11a). Lead trad up to 5.9 (follow to 11.a)

So, anyone out there willing to take a chance and climb with me?

Patricia
Trangia - on 12 Nov 2012
In reply to Climberbell:

Hi Patricia

This table might help you to convert grades

http://www.ukclimbing.com/databases/crags/comptable.html

Regarding your search for climbing partners I suggest that you create a profile which is more likely to bring a response- also some dates when you will be there. The climbing in Wales is superb, particularly in North Wales but be prepared for the weather! After Southern California you may be disappointed. It does tend to rain a lot in Wales, but periods of warm sun are not unknown, and you may strike lucky!

Good luck.
verygneiss - on 12 Nov 2012
In reply to Climberbell:

If you're anywhere near Scotland, I'll climb with you. The Cairngorms frequently experience weather like SoCal.
muppetfilter - on 12 Nov 2012
In reply to Climberbell: North Wales offers probably the worlds most diverse selection of rock types and climbing styles in a 50 mile radius !!! Enjoy :0)
ads.ukclimbing.com
Daniel Edwards - on 15 Nov 2012
In reply to Climberbell: Patricia
My names Dani, i live in Tywyn, west coast of wales. im always game for a climb so just message me when your down. :) looking forward to hearing of you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.