Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Shin Splints? Do I have them? How to recover?

puppythedog on 12 Nov 2012
I started running a little while ago, using interval programs to increase my ability to run until I could Run 5k. Following a week of probably overdoing it (A slow 4 mile run, two days later a quick [for me] 5 k and then three days after that running intervals for 9.5k) the inside of my leg below the knee hurt.
Internet research suggested shin flint which is apparently not an illness but a symptom. I've laid off for a week, can I go running again yet?

I know that any advice I get here is not the same as seeking medical attention, I work within Health and fully understand that I am responsible for myself. Also I understand that I would have to pay for a sport physio consultation because NHS money should not be spent as a priority on a muppet like me. I just want some thoughts from people who run and may have been there.
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums