Bouldering forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Dry winter bouldering around central Scotland?

Taurig - on 13 Nov 2012
Having started climbing in April this year and only managing about half a dozen or so outdoor top roping sessions since, I'm pretty gutted that the season seems to be over for outdoor cragging in Scotland (or at least my local crags are dripping). I can't really face or afford to be pulling on plastic for the next six months, so I had the brainwave that I could ask Santa for a bouldering mat.

My logic is that boulders will tend to seep less, dry quicker and can be found in more sheltered locations. My indoor bouldering grade is only about font 5+, so sadly, bone dry mega overhangs are probably out of the question. Is there anywhere within, say, and hour or two of Glasgow that offers a good chance of dry bouldering at the lower end of the grade scale throughout the winter? Or should I resign myself to indoors?

Cheers for any advice.
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums