/ If you had... (European Destinations)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jackwd - on 14 Nov 2012
If you had 2 months free train travel around Europe, which climbing destinations would you pick and why? Not fussed either sport or bouldering.
AJM - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Jackwd:

Depends on the time of year and grade range!
Jackwd - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Jackwd: Summer, V0 to V9, F5+ to 7b
ripper - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Jackwd:
> If you had 2 months free train travel around Europe, which climbing destinations would you pick and why? Not fussed either sport or bouldering.

Well I'd pick somewhere that wasn't a sport or bouldering venue...
Jackwd - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to ripper: Congratulations on winning the Most Useless Post of the Year award.
ripper - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Jackwd: YAY! go me!
jhw - on 14 Nov 2012
Squamish
ripper - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to jhw: damn - a new winner?
metal arms on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Jackwd: This threads got a bit of info on summer bouldering destinations if you want a look - http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,20494.0.html
AJM - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Jackwd:

I don't know about the bouldering.

If I wanted single pitch sport then Ceuse is a popular high summer choice. Gorge du Loup is also doable in the summer. People go to the Tarn and to Rodellar over the summer. Frankenjura has shady summer crags. All of these will have some stuff within your grade range, although they may not cover the whole of it very well especially at the lower end.

If I wanted multipitch sport I'd go to the alps or prealps somewhere. Ailefroide, Grimsel, Dolomites, Chamomix and a hundred million others all have multipitch sport to do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.