/ Scotland skiing January

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
novik - on 14 Nov 2012
can anyone share some info regarding snow condition in January(end of) in Nevis range from previous years?? Is it worth to look forward??
Mark Bull - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to novik:

You could get anything from great conditions to no snow at all. Planning a trip this far in advance is very risky: if possible you should leave it to the last minute to see if it will be worthwhile.
Alan M - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to novik:

My experience of Scottish Skiing is to expect anything. Over the years I have had everything from brown hillsides to just about acceptable for a weekends skiing to unbelievable snow conditions that rival anywhere I've skied in the Alps

One thing is that Scottish Skiing really is the Blackpool of the skiing world not because its a shit heap or anything like that but because its that bad at times I defy anyone not to laugh their way through the weekend/week/day.... You'll enjoy, even love it!!. I learnt to ski in Scotland many years ago and I Love Scottish Skiing (nearly as much as English Skiing :) now that a challenge) but take it for what it is, accept its limitations, praise its positives and have the best damn week or however long holiday you will ever remember!!
Dave Kerr - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to novik:

Total lottery.
AG - on 15 Nov 2012
In reply to novik: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=749

scroll to the bottom and you can get all the pics from the last 10 or so seasons.

You'd expect some skiing by late january but as others have said it could be epic or sh*t!....back corries and summit gullies area have some of the best skiing terrain in scotland IMO.
Dave Kerr - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to novik:

What Nevis range (and to a lesser degree the coe) has that the other centres don't is the ability to access lots of quality off piste from the lifts when the nick is good. This is what makes it worthwhile paying for a pass IMO.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.