Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Beginner, but I want to go climbing abroad for 6 weeks

as646 on 16 Nov 2012
This is kind of a two part question. First off, I started climbing at the beginning of september, and as I've only just got a harness and a rack (albeit a small one) now, I haven't had a chance to do much other than bouldering, and maybe toproping a couple of times.

So, I really want to go away climbing next year, I've saved up some money, and I reckon I'll be able to get up to 6 weeks off work. I want to go somewhere where I can camp for more or less the entirety of the trip, and do nothing but climb, run and hike every day. But mostly climb.

So, my questions: what kind of level should I try and get to to make it worthwhile. Should I get coaching, do workshops, or just try and simply get as much roped climing done as possible? I guess its somewhat irrelevant, but I'm bouldering at v3 consistently, starting to do v4s.

Secondly, where would be the best place to go? I was thinking Yosemite, but I've heard it's a bit difficult and as such maybe not suitable. Don't want to get there and find I cant do anything!

Also, would be looking to go in May or so.
... not showing 24 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums