/ Watching Milan - San Remo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ATRG on 16 Nov 2012
I have been offerend a trip to watch Milan - San Remo (a good present!), but I need some help deciding where to go. The Poggio, close to the finish line... or somewhere else? Any advice welcome

Thanks
fxceltic on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to ATRG: theres often a decisive move on the poggio, so that would be a good choice, depends what you like to see. This year for example the excitement for me was not so much the finish line but the tense battle by Spartacus trying to hold on several hundred metres before the finish. On that basis the final straight would be good, as opposed the finish line.
The course this year is unchanged I believe.

Ultimately you'll enjoy it wherever you watch from I imagine.
Mooncat - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to ATRG:

If you don't mind a crowd either near the finish or the Poggio, otherwise any of the Capos are a good spot, there's usually some attacks/breakaways going on. It's my favourite race of the year and I doubt if I'll be able to get there.
ATRG on 17 Nov 2012
In reply to ATRG:

Thanks both - much appreciated
Enty - on 17 Nov 2012
In reply to ATRG:

MSR isn't the most spectator friendly race so I'd say on the final 300m or the Poggio.

If not, at least somewhere with a big screen nearby. Do they put a big screen on the Poggio? I've no idea but even on the Poggio they'll still ride past you at 20 mph.

Go and ride it yourself - 8th of June next year for amateurs.

E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.