/ Cogne

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Scott_M@c - on 20 Nov 2012
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good guide for ice climbing in Cogne? I'm sure I've seen one in the past for the area, but can't remember it.

Cheers,
Scott
jonnie3430 - on 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Scott_M@c:

Tourist information dishes out a map with the icefalls and their grades on it.
CurlyStevo - on 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Scott_M@c:
des Autour du Mont Blanc 2 its in french though
ade,walter - on 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Scott_M@c: 'Alpine Ice - The 600 best ice falls in the Alps' by Mario Sertori includes the Cogne classics and its in English.
JSTaylor - on 20 Nov 2012
JXM - on 20 Nov 2012
CurlyStevo - on 20 Nov 2012
In reply to ade,walter:
> (In reply to Scott_M@c) 'Alpine Ice - The 600 best ice falls in the Alps' by Mario Sertori includes the Cogne classics and its in English.

but its not really that great a guide book to actually use. the diagrams and descriptions are often poor to non existent and it doesn't have much info or maps for each area. Good book for identifying the best (mostly hard) euroice climbs are.
Hannes on 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Scott_M@c: The french guide is pretty good but it might be worth having a french english dictionary or something to access google translate unless you speak french. Sometimes things go a bit wrong when you mix up droit and gauche
jonnie3430 - on 21 Nov 2012
In reply to jonnie3430:
> (In reply to Scott_M@c)
>
> Tourist information dishes out a map with the icefalls and their grades on it.

Here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=208963 email me if you want higher def and the grades.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Scott_M@c - on 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Scott_M@c:

Thanks everyone much appreciated!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.