ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Landslide in Cheddar Gorge?

Josh Hadley on 23 Nov 2012
I briefly heard on the news this morning that there had been a landslide in Cheddar Gorge after all the bad weather we have been having in the Southwest. I have had a quick search on the web to see if there is anything about it but no luck, but a friend from work that lives in the area said the road was closed, although this could be just because it had turned into a river during the heavy rain.

Can anyone confirm that there was a landslide, or where it was? I'm assuming that it would have been in the 'Landslip Quarry' part of the gorge which could have destroyed a load of sport climbs along 'The Wave' or 'The Tsunami'. If so, there could be a new face to set new routes on, and maybe new bouldering potential?

I may be over thinking this and more likely some mud collapsed down a slope but either way it would be nice to know.
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums