/ Off to Tonsai tomorrow, any last minute tips?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Thelongcon - on 24 Nov 2012
Alright gang? As per the title really, off to Thailand tomorrow for a month, anyone have any last minute tips for me? Should I get a base tan first? Try and particular foods?

Cheers, Andrew
gribble - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to Andrewmorts:

On your way through Ao Nang, drop off at a chemist and buy a 4 pack of Disento. These are magic pills that will cure Tonsai tummy, and for the sake of a few pennies you will ensure that your climbing will be uninterrupted! Have fun....
mike123 - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to Andrewmorts: make sure to have at least one trip to the night market at krabi, dusk till late, for some of the best food you will eat in thailand. i ve been back to the same stall lots of times for a home style fish curry like no other. the thai food on east west and tonsai is by and large really average gloop. i ve even made the trip to ao nang on an evening for something really good to eat . the cost of the long tail being offset by the cheapness of your dinner.
mike123 - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to gribble: that sir is even better advice than mine. or better still stay on east and avoid the tt s altogether.
Thelongcon - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to Andrewmorts:

Cheers lads, will bear that all in mind!
markalmack - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to Andrewmorts: take loads of chalk. the stuff they sell there is like flour!
ads.ukclimbing.com
leeoftroy - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to Andrewmorts: Also be careful not to take any cuts or scrapes into the water sea. Unfortunately all sewerage is sent directly into the sea and cuts get infected with staph. Its very common there! On one climbing area you climb under a roof and the sewerage flows out underneath it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.