Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Welsh winter/summer alpine boot advice needed!

LP - on 24 Nov 2012
I am getting excited at the prospect of playing in the snow this year. I have also booked on an alpine course in July. however, Santa has point blank refused to increase his budget to two pairs of boots and has been cagey about dispensing advice so I am looking for one, all-round pair of boots...

I have got myself in a bit of a muddle and too caught up with all the different specs and intended uses as this will be my first pair of 'proper' boots and a first foray into winter and alpine climbing.

Is there a happy medium that will cover a few uses comfortably? Ie easy Alpine climbs and scrambles (Aiguille vert etc) as well as warm enough for a trot up Mt Blanc and waterproof enough for some Welsh Winter stuff? Do I ask too much?

Have been looking at La Sportiva trango Alp and the Extreme Light - am I on the right lines?

It does seem Leather B3s with C2 crampons are usually suggested for the Mt Blanc courses; will these be ok for easy climbing as well?

Thanks in advance! And apologies for the long rant for a short question...
... not showing 23 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums