/ Questionnaire-Lion Rocks, Clogwyn Cyrau, Conwy Slabs-N. Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
michael-kenyon - on 24 Nov 2012
I am a student at Bangor University studying Geography and am collecting data for my dissertation. My dissertation is on “The effects rock climbers have on rock climbing venues”

I have created an Online questionnaire, consisting of 10 questionnaires. If you have climbed at Lion Rocks, Clogwyn Cyrau or Conwy Slab in North Wales it would be very helpful if you answered the questionnaire.

The link is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YS5NRNT

Thank you
Bulls Crack - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to michael-kenyon:

Out of interest: why those 3? Beginners venues?
The Ex-Engineer - on 24 Nov 2012
In reply to michael-kenyon: Quite frankly you have picked a rather random set of crags to look at and your survey is pretty poor. It is pointless to ask whether an issue has got better or worse, if you haven't even asked if the issue exists at the crag in the first place.

As a suggestion, if I was doing a survey I would have a list of pretty much every possible beginners venue in North Wales (probably around 20-ish in all) and then ask people to answer the same 2-3 basic questions about each crag:
- have you climbed there with a group, if so how often?
- have you climbed there personally, if so how often?
- which of the following problems have you experienced there...?

That would be much more likely to get a large number of responses and give you a wider selection of data that you could draw some worthwhile conclusions from.

It would also then allow you to then focus on a few crags in details where multiple respondents have all reported the same problems.
Bulls Crack - on 24 Nov 2012

You're assuming there is an issue with your questions and then asking if it's worse/better ie they're leading questions which will lead to skewed responses - better to do as Ex Engineers says!
michael-kenyon - on 25 Nov 2012
I wanted 3 venues that outdoor groups use and are on land owned by different organisations, so i chose these three.
The Experiment - on 25 Nov 2012

Hi Michael,

I am currently doing research into the environmenal impact of climbing and imparticular the differences between the impact of sport and trad climbing. If I can be of any assistance drop me a line.

My survey data probably won't be complete until March. But I can send you a copy after then if thats any good to you.

Cheers

Mick
michael-kenyon - on 29 Nov 2012
In reply to The Experiment: Hi Mick

Thanks for your message. Im going to be writing up my research in February, March and April, so that would be good.

I should be bringing my data together over january and february, If you want me to send you want I have got then.

Thanks

Michael
ads.ukclimbing.com
unclesamsauntibess - on 29 Nov 2012
In reply to michael-kenyon: so not a real university then?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.