Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Which digital camera

clochette - on 26 Nov 2012
I have used a Lumix DMC TZ18 for the last 2 years. I think it's a great compact camera and I especially like the 20x optical zoom. However, 3 times now dust has got into the captor and I have had to pay for it to be cleaned. This 3rd time comes 2 weeks after the last cleaning job and I don't think it's worth paying again as it will surely come back. I have found various reports of similar problems with this Lumix so I assume it must be a fault of this camera. If anyone can elaborate on that I would be grateful.
Meanwhile I am just starting to think I have to buy a new camera and I don't want to risk another Lumix.
I would like a compact (but it doesn't need to be super small) that has a really good zoom for photographing wildlife. I would also like the panorama facility if possible which the Lumix doesn't have.
I take lots of mountain shots, sometimes in the snow. I tend to use the auto facility a lot as I know very little about the other options.
I considered moving up to a bridge camera but it seems the lens is fixed so does this mean cleaning wouldn't be an option there either? And it seems there is no viewfinder on a bridge camera - is that right? If I moved to a bridge camera it would need to have a view finder for photoing birds on zoom.
Please don't suggest an SLR as I have one but it's heavy for general use.
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums