/ Recommend me some micros...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
apd - on 27 Nov 2012
Hello!

I'm looking at getting some micro nuts for climbing in the UK. Would offsets be a better buy or just stick with the basics?

Cheers.
Mr Powly - on 27 Nov 2012
In reply to apd:

A mixture is good
The Pylon King on 27 Nov 2012
Monk - on 27 Nov 2012
In reply to apd:

DMM IMPs are a very good starting point. The brass offsets are useful too, but I think I would go for IMPs to start with.
mike kann - on 27 Nov 2012
In reply to apd: If you can get them, the Metolius Astronuts in the larger sizes are the best nut I've ever placed. BD's are good too, and offsets next. The astronuts are only available in the states though, so you might need a friend to buy them. But they place better than any others and are very strong. They have an offset shape but place in regular cracks just as well because of the shape they have...
The Ex-Engineer - on 27 Nov 2012
In reply to apd: I've used pretty much everything over the years but I now just keep it simple and I have a singles set of Brass Offsets. Not cheap but they cover all the bases.

However, FWIW, Tiso have some large BD Micros on sale stupidly cheap at 5 each - http://www.tiso.com/shop/black-diamond-equipment/micro_stopper/
ads.ukclimbing.com
apd - on 29 Nov 2012
In reply to apd: Thanks everyone! Might just go for the brass offsets, after all it's nearly Christmas!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.