Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Train timetables for France

Tonto - on 27 Nov 2012
Hello,
I have spent many years ski-ing, walking & mountaineering in Switzerland & have enjoyed the convenience & ease of organisation of my trips by virtue of their integrated transport network.. ..now with full on-line access it is even simpler to check connections. To cut a long story short I and some pals have booked a ski-ing holiday in Courchevel but I wish to spend a week beforehand in Switzerland.
I would like to transfer from Switzerland to 'trois vallees' & would much prefer to do so by train (so avoiding a long bus trip from Geneva that is timetabled by a provider outwith the national system). My investigations so far suggest that train connection is possible to Moutiers then there are connecting buses to the ski resorts which is fine. Options I see are to exit Switzerland via Geneva or the Chamonix line but I cannot find timetables.

I hasten to add that I am no expert in drilling down into internet possibilities.. ..what I do know is that third party first hand knowledge can be gold dust when compared with the fumblings of a novice falling on a new topic without depth of experience. Can anyone give me guidance?

By way of return I have extensive experience of many aspects of travelling, walking, ski-ing etc. in Switzerland that I willingly freely share.. ..but I know bugger all about French transport. There will be someone out there that does.
Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mike
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums