Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Building a home training wall in my loft?

ti_pin_man - on 28 Nov 2012
After some effort I managed to remove the old huge water tank from my loft to clear out some storage space and the intension was to put down some boards (chipboard) to add storage space BUT...

...now I've cleared it there looks a whole lot more space than I'd thought and my mind has started asking what might be involved to build a climbing wall up there for training.

The space is 6 foot high in the middle of the roof and then drops about 45 degree slope. Its quite wide and a small 45 degree circuit board would fit in, I just need to figure out if the hassle of preparing the space is worth doing.

The loft is a pretty standard loft but does anybody know what I'd need to do to the ceiling currently in there and could i simply attach the wall to the roof joists?

I guess I cant and would need to put in a proper floor somehow in case I fell off!

Any ideas?
... not showing 29 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums