Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Type of Headtorch/ possible upgrade advice please

Boulderdash86 on 29 Nov 2012
Hi all

I currently have a Petzl Tikka and have a petzl e-lite as a back up in my first aid kit when out walking and climbing. I have been looking at reviews at getting a new head torch - maybe a Petzl core - I was wondering what peoples views on them are or if you can suggest other torches? I do like the look of some of the reactive lighting - how have people found this? Sorry for all the questions but did do a search and nowt found much.

How they have found the battery life after a charge and how they operate in cold and wet environments - also the li-ion rechargable torches - how do they hold there charge over a course of not being used for a few months? Can you add in batteries if the charge goes on the core?

I have also been toying with the idea of getting a LED Lenser T7 instead of another headtorch - again what are people's views on them? Or should I go for a LED Lenser headtorch?

P.S I have noticed some torches have different filters - in what way do they make a difference - I know red help with night sight, but blue and green filters? There seems to be a lot more reliasance on charging from computers now adays - is this a good thing or do people still prefer to replace batteries when they need to? I know its meant to be more environmentally friendy but I think its the whole thing of embracising new technology.

Thanks for the help

BD
... not showing 10 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums