ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Croesor-Rhosydd : underground version of Snakes and Ladders?

BALD EAGLE - on 03 Dec 2012
Morning all

Looking for adventure with a capital “A”? Well having recently got back from a trip to North Wales, I had the pleasure of a speleological outing for troglodytes known as the “Croesor-Rhosydd Through Trip”. More “Via Ferrata meets Mine Exploration on steroids”, rather than climbing (however it is an excellent wet-weather alternative if the weather is grumpy in Snowdonia), I had wanted to do this ever since I was told it was a bigger and badder underground version of the legendary cult-classic “Snakes and Ladders (and Tunnels)”. So a quick Google search revealed this trip contained evocatively named delights such as the “Chamber of Horrors” and even had its own “Bridge of Death” so definitely merited investigation! So has anyone else out there who has done this or have an epic tale of derring-do to tell? Been repelled by the Bridge of Death, had a rope chopped or had to retreat? Anyway the entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film of this memorable trip then please use the following link. All constructive feedback welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to get on this great outing and join all the crisp wrappers, cub scouts and lost dogs still down there…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp-KlTNvezM
If you wish to sample the full High Def experience and your computer has enough va va voom, you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to at least 720p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen. So take a seat, fasten your seatbelts and come and join us on the surreal madness which is the “Croesor-Rhosydd Through Trip”! May the force be with you… :-)

Cheers Dave
... not showing 26 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums