/ La Grave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Has anyone driven through over the weekend? Looks as though temps are dropping... anything starting to form? Cheers
roelq on 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Tom Briggs - Jagged Globe:

Still a little bit of patience. Lots of snow last week though.

http://www.ice-fall.com/Page_Secteur.aspx?IdSecteur=45
Dribble223 - on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to roelq:

Sorry to hijack your thread- I fancy some off piste this year around Le Grave whilst we are on holiday in Les Deux. Is this an undertaking that genuinely needs a guide, or do you only need a guide if you are looking to ski steep couloirs? I'm not interested in anything that requires abseiling, or that is super steep, but I would like a nice off piste adventure. I can ski on and off piste pretty competently, and I've experience on glaciers and assessing avalanche risks, I've just no idea exactly how committing the various routes are.

Any recommendations gratefully received

Cheers
Gael Force - on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to Dribble223: No problem going yourself, just walk or skin up, or get pulled by the piste basher. Loads of reasonable ,non extreme routes to ski down. I think I had a guide book when I was there.
Dribble223 - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Gael Force:

That's ace, thanks. I'll check local conditions when we are there, and will try and find a guide book.

Should be fun :-)
John W - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Dribble223:

Keep us informed - I was thinking of asking exactly the same question as you did!

Cheers, JW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.