/ independant hostel or b and b in aviemore?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mike123 - on 04 Dec 2012
up to date ideas about where to stay in and around aviemore please ? good and not so good ?
peas65 - on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mike123: the syha has always been good, if not we stayed at the one next to the bridge inn, was really nice but kitchen is very cosy, but has the pub next door :)
Pero - on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mike123: I think the SYHA Cairngorm Lodge is open some weekends this winter.
mike123 - on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mike123: thanks. any other ideas ?
Mike00010 - on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to mike123:

What kind of price range are you willing to go upto? The Old Ministers House is a lovely B&B but near the top end of the price range. You could always try and stay at Glenmore lodge.
nedmoran on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to mike123:Stayed here a couple of years ago for 24pppn. Cairn Eilrig, it's about 100m before you get to the glenmore lodge(on the left up a slight bank). Owner was called Mary Ferguson, her breakfast was dogs and her son towed me out of ditch which i slipped the van into. mary@cairneilrig.com
skarabrae - on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to nedmoran:
> (In reply to mike123) Owner was called Mary Ferguson, her breakfast was dogs

think id prefer a good old fashioned fry up or even porridge!
puppythedog on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to mike123: MrsTheDog and I satyed here on our honey moon.
http://www.eriskay-aviemore.co.uk

The room was small but sufficient, the breakfast was brilliant, the lady who runs it (it's her family home) was brilliant and even got her husband to take my car tyre off to be mended so we didn't lose a day. Packed lunches were good for days in the hills too.
Kimberley on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to mike123: Cairn Hotel in Carrbridge- well worth the 6 mls from Aviemore

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.