/ Climbing need in Berwick Upon Tweed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
SCrookston - on 05 Dec 2012
I just wanted to get a general idea of the indoor climbing need in Berwick Upon Tweed. As far as I can see the nearest wall is Edinburgh (50 miles away). I am looking to move house soon but myself and my partner are both keen climbers but not sure the 50 mile treck would be any good.
Any one think there should be something set up there or know of anything already there that I cant find?
Jackwd - on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to SCrookston: Not sure about indoor, but outdoor there's loads all over the Northumberland area. Check out the logbook section of the site, type in your location, and select a radius. Every crag within it will come up! Kyloe not being far away at all!
lanky_suction1 - on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to SCrookston:

Bouldering wall in Alnwick: http://www.northcountryleisure.org.uk/northumberland/alnwick---willowburn-sports-and-leisure-centre/... about 30 miles.

If I was looking to open a new wall, I would be looking at somewhere with a slightly denser population. No, not like that - I mean you need people who live fairly nearby to make it commercially viable. Northumberland is the least densely populated county in the country, so it just isn't going to be worthwhile.

If you are going to want to climb indoors, you definitely need to have a re-think about where you're going to live. If this is a poorly disguised attempt to gauge interest in opening a wall in Berwick, you need to have a re-think about where to site your wall.
Elrond - on 05 Dec 2012
In reply to SCrookston:

Could you not build a little home woody?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.