/ Knees done at 12?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bigpad - on 06 Dec 2012
So I am currently doing a season in whistler and I have been taking it easy as its still only early in the season here but I have started to get some real bad knee pain, the pain seems to be coming from the outside part of my leg on my calf and then up into under my knee camp. Any one have any advice on what to do other than stop skiing?

cheers

bp
Fish - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad:
Are you wearing a custom or orthotic footbed? Made a huge difference to me, may be worth getting some one to have a look at the position of your feet and lower leg angle.
Also worth checking if your boots have any chanting adjustment.
Cheers
Fish - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Fish:
That should reading canting adjustment!
annieman - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad: Stop drinking Orange Juice!. Strange but worked for me.
Orgsm on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad:

Are you really 12?
rousse - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad: There's some very good boot fitters in Whistler (ask around) then get fitted for a custom footbed for your boots. If you can afford it, get some custom liners too (my husband got some done there, a massive improvement in comfort and helped his skiing no end).
lost1977 - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad:

try some periformis stretches and see it there is any excessive tightness
Frank4short - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad: Find the best bootfitter in town, there's always one in big ski towns, go to him. Let him fix your boots/liners/footbeds.
bigpad - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad: im 21 not 12 my bad, im wearing the fulltilt seth pro boots atm so the liners have been heated and moulded but i dont have any implants in, would they make much od a difference on my knees?
Ander on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad:

You're probably just poorly conditioned.

Prepare by doing one legged squats and front and back lunges. Maybe Plie lunges.

It could be much more complicated than that... but very possibly isn't.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Ciro - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to bigpad:

See a physio, could be something as simple as needing the IT band released a bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.