Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Costing up features for a climbing wall

mkean - on 06 Dec 2012
I'm putting together some rough estimates for the cost of a series of potential upgrades for a climbing wall and was looking for a bit of input:

Assuming we build a load of volumes from 2440x1220x18mm ply with corners reinforced with 50x47 sawn timber and t-nuts on a 150mm grid I get a rough material cost of 15-20 per square meter of climbable surface. We already own all the holds and their associated fixings, but would need to factor in the cost of treating and finishing it.

Firstly does this seem sensible, secondly if you were paying someone to do this sort of job what would you expect to pay? My best guess at the moment is to estimate how long the job would take me and then halve it for a competant chippy :-) Not sure on sizes or shapes yet but I just wanted a rough figure to take along to discuss.

Cheers

Mike
... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums