/ South West or South Wales crag with non-crimpy routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tomar - on 06 Dec 2012
Can anyone recommend me a crag with some good routes around F6C to F7b+ or E1 to E4 which doesn't involve a lot of crimping. I am just recovering from a finger injury and I'd rather not use my fingers too much. Flat holds or finger cracks are fine. Thanks
Tomar - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Vertigo1: I was thinking Winspit might fit the bill, never been there, has anyone else?
The Ivanator - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Vertigo1: For Sport the Promenade at Swanage, nearby Boulder Ruckle should satisfy the Trad requirements too.
The Ivanator - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Vertigo1: Winspit has more crimpy climbing than many Swanage crags, but is a good winter venue. Sure there are routes that are not heavy on the crimping there - I've not done anything in the grades you're after, but have belayed partners on several routes there, you might like Damnation Game F7a+
Tomar - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to The Ivanator: Yes, Promenade looks good, call! time to get my "guns" going
AJM - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Vertigo1:

promenade is good but conditions.

I don't recall much small on avenging the halsewell at sunspot and it's pretty good...
AJM - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to AJM:

conditionsey even!
Tomar - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to AJM: Thanks Andy, what about Dinas rock? Anyone know?
ads.ukclimbing.com
The Ex-Engineer - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Vertigo1: There's a fair bit of stuff at Avon which isn't at all crimpy. That would include at least half of the stuff on Unknown Buttress although I'm specifically thinking of the steepest routes like New Horizons, New Horizons II and Arms Race.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.