/ Waterproof trousis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Richard Baynes - on 06 Dec 2012
I have been looking in a few places for a pair with built in braces, or a waterproof salopette, without any luck (I haven't looked online yet). Are these items now considered old fashioned? I like 'em because they don't sag when wet or when the harness is loaded up, and they seal up me kidneys. Anyone selling them these days?

R
Taurig - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Richard Baynes:

Quite a few if you look around online; Keela Munro, Mountain Equipment Karakorum, Arcteryx do them as do Marmot, Rab, pretty much all the top manufacturers to be honest!
Richard Baynes - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Taurig: Just surpised Tiso, Cotsowld etc haven't got'em in stock.
s.scott - on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Richard Baynes: l

ast time I went out looking for waterproof trousers I couldn't find any I'm the shops either.
ads.ukclimbing.com
m0unt41n on 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Richard Baynes: ME Karakorum are high waisted so cover kidneys but have full length zips and fly zip so more convenient than salopettes. Crampon patches, pretty tough, stood up to a lot of abuse from me. Highly recommended EXCEPT

drawback is stupid catch on clip on the two front straps of the braces. Plastic but clip is shaped like a fish hook which you are meant to pull back through an elastic loop on trousers to take off which is almost impossible without catching. Crazy since the back strap uses a sensible velcro fitting. The result is you still have to step out of the trousers even with the full length zip completely undone.

I havent seen any other manufacturer using such a silly idea.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.