/ Mountain identification please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
a lakeland climber on 07 Dec 2012
The ninth shot here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-20612381 is taken from a Glasgow to Stornoway flight. My knowledge of Scottish mountains isn't up to identifying them. Any takers?

ALC
petestack - on 07 Dec 2012
In reply to a lakeland climber:

Ben More and Stob Binnein dead centre, Loch Tay behind and Ben Lawers range behind the wing.
a lakeland climber on 07 Dec 2012
In reply to petestack:

Ta

ALC
Dave Hewitt - on 07 Dec 2012
In reply to a lakeland climber:

It's a lovely picture - I'd been admiring it just before you asked what was what. As Pete says, Ben More and Stob Binnein are in the middle (odd how BM looks quite a bit higher than SB when the actual difference is only nine metres), with Cruach Ardain in front of SB and the inconsequential-looking dodgy Munro of Beinn Tulaichean out on the right-hand ridge. Then An Caisteal is the horseshoe-shaped hill next nearest the camera, with Beinn a'Chroin to its right; and Beinn Chabhair in the foreground.

Loch Voil is the long straight loch going away from shot to the right, with the Vorlich/Stuc massif further back and to the right of that - think that's the summit of Ben Vorlich just catching the sun. Snowline generally looks to be about 700m - I was up Beinn Chabhair the Wednesday before last and conditions were very much along these lines.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.