Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Garmin 800 deleting activities by itself

harold walmsley - on 08 Dec 2012
I have recently got a Garmin Edge 800. I did a ride today and recorded it as an activity (stopped the timer and reset), verified the activity was present in the history and switched the device off. After a while in my pocket I noticed it was back on and switched it off again. When I got home and ready to upload to Strava the activity had gone. Unfortunately, it was my best time so far for that ride and had cost me some effort. Fortunately I at least I know my rough time as I saw the car to car time when I verified the activity had been stored and the actual trail time would have been very slightly shorter.

Any suggestions as to what happened and how to prevent it? The screen lock function does not seem to survive power down and re-start. Do I need to find a rigid carry case to prevent accidental switch ons or is there something simpler?
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums