/ Garmin 800 deleting activities by itself

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
harold walmsley - on 08 Dec 2012
I have recently got a Garmin Edge 800. I did a ride today and recorded it as an activity (stopped the timer and reset), verified the activity was present in the history and switched the device off. After a while in my pocket I noticed it was back on and switched it off again. When I got home and ready to upload to Strava the activity had gone. Unfortunately, it was my best time so far for that ride and had cost me some effort. Fortunately I at least I know my rough time as I saw the car to car time when I verified the activity had been stored and the actual trail time would have been very slightly shorter.

Any suggestions as to what happened and how to prevent it? The screen lock function does not seem to survive power down and re-start. Do I need to find a rigid carry case to prevent accidental switch ons or is there something simpler?
Richard Carter - on 08 Dec 2012
In reply to harold walmsley:

I'm not really convinced you could delete everything by mistake, as it is a quite a combination of random button presses! Maybe the unit is faulty or something? The Garmin silicone cover is pretty good for keeping the worst of the unit and it's more difficult to turn the unit on and off through it.
harold walmsley - on 10 Dec 2012
In reply to Richard Carter:
I wonder if I failed to switch it off properly and left it showing the activities list? Relatively few random screen touches could then delete something.
harold walmsley - on 10 Dec 2012
In reply to harold walmsley:
I have found a small plastic box that is almost the perfect size. It seems ideal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.