Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Suggestions for a gift for a friend!

wibb20 - on 09 Dec 2012
A friend of mine turns 30 later this month, and a group of us would like to get something memorable for his birthday! He loves climbing and has just come back from a month in the Himilayas where he was on a Jagged Globe expedition.

He is quite fearless, and climbs in summer up to around 6b. I know he wants to get more into ice climbing and also winter mountaineering. We did Mont Blanc together 18 months ago, and he learned a little bit of ice climbing techniques in Nepal recently, but for the most part he is not experienced in ice climbing. I was thinking of sending him on a 2-3 day course in Scotland, such as this - http://www.gethigh.co.uk/winter_climbing.html - or alternatively paying for a guide for a couple of days and he can then decide how to use the time....

Any suggestions? He has pretty much of the kit he would need, apart from the specific ice axes and protection (he has B3 boots and G12 crampons etc).

Thanks!
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums