/ Hiring Shovel and Probe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
scorpia97 - on 10 Dec 2012
I was hoping someone on here might be able to help. I am off skiing in Les Deux Alpes next week and was looking into hiring a shovel and a Probe for the week (I already have a transeiver), does anyone have any ideas of the cost? Or has done it in the past? If we go into La Grave then we will hire a guide and everything will be provided, but with the snow pack as it is and the avalanche risk high, I think its worth carrying for runs between pistes, etc. Trying to decide whether to buy them here or rent.

P.s. I know I need to buy them in the long run but dont have 80-90 quid easily available to shell out now, unless I have to, to avoid buying in resort.
In reply to scorpia97: I've got some for sale on here.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=529298&v=1#x7123016

They don't seem to be going. You could hire them off me? Genuine offer, if a bit unusual! The thread has my mobile number in it if you want to call to discuss.

Nick
Blinder - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to scorpia97: Allways have to laugh at the prices of shovel, probe and skin hire. Saw a shop in Saas Fee at the weekend hiring a shovel out for 20 CHF for a day!! If you can buy.
ads.ukclimbing.com
scorpia97 - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to scorpia97:

Nick thanks for the offer, but I've probably left it too late now as we are off mid day on Friday, and it'll be a push to get them posted down here if I bought them.

Simon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.