/ Arethusa

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Roddytoo - on 10 Dec 2012

The Arethusa (Rochester) climbing centre is closed 'temporarily' according to their website. Rumour is that this is permanent. Anyone know more?
If it is permanent this makes Kent even more of a desert for climbers, not always possible to drive up to the big London centres, very good to be able to drop into the Arethusa for a couple of hours.
ESTBrokenspirit - on 28 Dec 2012
In reply to Roddytoo: I recently met a arethusa instructor at the reach , he informed me that arethusa is planning to open one night aweek in the near future .when & wot night he didn't no.
sihills - on 28 Dec 2012
In reply to Roddytoo: theres a few of us working on getting it open for atleast one night a week, when we know what is happeneing we will find a way to let people know its open again! please email the centre with your opinions on the closure as the more people interested in having it re-opened the more likely it will be that we can!
heres hoping!
Simon
willriseley - on 30 Dec 2012
In reply to Roddytoo: just shut for non centre climbing or shut down completly??? if so whats happening to the holds and set up?
sihills - on 30 Dec 2012
In reply to willriseley: you clearly couldnt be bothered to read the thread! the holds/wall are definately not for sale!
Roddytoo - on 02 Jan 2013
Positive responses are encouraging.
Arethusa ran a 'rock rats' club for under 16s, a local mum complained about the sudden closure in the local newspaper. The reporter tried contacting the centre and gained zero info. I will try the pleading email message as suggested.
I just love summer evenings there when the outside wall catches the last few hours of sun.
Roddytoo - on 06 Jan 2013
Apparently the situation is being considered and a decision on the future of public access will be made 'by March'.
Groups of 12 or more can book the climbing centre for evenings.
Anyone up for organising groups?
ESTBrokenspirit - on 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Roddytoo: How about starting the ball rolling with a list of people .
Stuart
Jason
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to Roddytoo:

Hi All!

The Climbing wall at the Arethusa Venture Centre is closed due to the sessions being under staffed. We will be re-opening on Tuesday 5th March, with the management of Dan and Simon.

The Boulder climbing wall room is also going to be revamped, so watch this space!

Happy Climbing! :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.