Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 5.10 Team shoe stretch question

parberoo - on 11 Dec 2012
Hello, I've a question for you.
I now own a pair of 5.10 Team shoes. I got them via the forums and so i was always chancing it a bit in terms of size having never has 5.10 shoes and moving onto a more advanced type.
I got a size 10.5 - my previous spirit VCR shoes were 10.5 in size and my street shoe size is 10.5. As the spirits had stretched massively in 2 years of bumbling about in them I didnt want to go up a size so didnt but knew Teams were notoriously tight.
I have worn them for a single indoor session bouldering so far. It hurt.
Prior to that i had worn them about the house a bit, that hurt too.
I've worn them about the house some more since with and without socks etc.
My right foot now fits pretty well. I am kinda bunched up but not uncomfortably so unless I bounce about on my toes in a smeary fashion which isnt exactly their purpose. I feel like I'm stood more on the end of my big toe bone than the bottom of it currently.
On my left foot, my big toe knuckle is pushing on the toe box a lot in a similar situation. this is less an issue on my right foot.
Does anyone know if they're likely to stretch out to a degree whereby my toes will flatten off a little and/or the toe box will stretch up a bit?
I am reluctant to sell these and buy them again half a size bigger as I dont wanna end up with them being too big and have wasted my time. Its so marginal between being perfect or too small I'm hoping someone knows how they tend to go after a bit of use as they're only just softening up. There seems to be quite a lot of room in the heel almost like the back of the foot hole pushes my foot too far down the toe end.
I'm not sure whether they're lined or unlined or what as it doesnt seem to say on the box.
Any thoughts appreciated. They get their second indoor wall outing tomorrow.
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums