/ Coire nan Lochan, Glencoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
isi_o - on 11 Dec 2012
Anyone been up there the last couple of days who can tell me how it is? Might head up there tomorrow... I'd really like a look as SC gully but thinking it might be a bit of a punt as it needs ice. Any info appreciated :)
Cheers all,
Isi
Milesy - on 11 Dec 2012
I am heading up tomorrow. I imagine things will be looking good after the wee mini thaw. Dont know about SC though - I have refused to climb it the last two seasons as every time it has been in crap condition. I am holding off for Cold Climbs conditions on it.
wee jamie on 11 Dec 2012
In reply to isi_o: Hi Isi, my guess is that SC will not be good. It seems to need quite a healthy build-up - mid to late season should be a better bet.
I shall head out too, just trying to suss out what to go for
Joak - on 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Milesy:
> I am heading up tomorrow. I imagine things will be looking good after the wee mini thaw. Dont know about SC though - I have refused to climb it the last two seasons as every time it has been in crap condition. I am holding off for Cold Climbs conditions on it.

A lot further south than the Coe admittedly but things looked good for a wee skoot up Y Gully on Cruach Ardrain today. Nice neve, turf like concrete on the NW ridge but as soon as I entered upper Coire Ardrain a hard crust broke of in slabs sliding easily on the powder snow beneath with similar conditions at the foot of Y Gully. Continued across the coire and stuck to the ridges.
isi_o - on 11 Dec 2012
In reply to isi_o:
Thanks all - suck it and see I guess! Maybe see some of you on the hill tomorrow... I'll be the one who is full of cold and should probably be writing essays... But the weather is just too good (I hope)!
:)
wee jamie on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to isi_o: Try sneezing on the crux a few times - should help things along nicely
ads.ukclimbing.com
Scott_vzr on 12 Dec 2012
There's stacks of frozen terrain here in the Falkirk area and there is an icicle in my back garden about two foot long !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.