/ AK47 - lid gets in the way of helmet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CurlyStevo - on 12 Dec 2012
Hi I tried on the AK47 with the floating lid and I found the lid position was quite in the way of a helmet when looking up, the problem appeared to be due to the rigid frame.

Has anyone else found this?

Or a way of fixing the issue? This was a problem with one of my rucksacks but it fixed it's self during use (I think the semi rigid frame bent a bit)

Regarding the version with the non floating lid is this any better?
pebbles - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: what? you take an assault rifle climbing with you? Is this for enforcing crag etiquette?
BofA Matt - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I found his as well mate - caused me to sell it. Shame because I really liked it otherwise.

Cheers,
Matt
angry pirate - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:
My berghaus extrem alpine did exactly the same thing due to the aluminium backframe.
I ended up bending it away from my head to solve the problem.
MG - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Very occasionally I find this a problem. I have the back size that is on the small size for me which perhaps helps (the carry is still very good). I have had an AK47-X for several years. Initially I wasn't too impressed but I have grown to like it a lot. It appears to be indestructible too.
A9 - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:

At the bottom of the route take the floating lid off and stuff it in yr now empty rucksack - Your 55l load hauler is now a 35l no frills climbing sac with nothing flapping about :)
In reply to A9:
The problem isn't actually the lid, its the frame of the rucksack.
Darkskys - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: this was what caused me to get the Pod Black Ice...it doesn't have any of these issues. Slightly different bag but indestructible!
In reply to Darkskys:
Yeah they look nice, bit heavy un-stripped, considering I'd be likely using it that way mostly. Still I guess you probably get that back in comfort and durability.
Darkskys - on 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: too right mate, I use mine all year round for backpacking and day walks too. Can't fault it one bit. I don't bother stripping it down in winter as it ticks all the right boxes :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.