Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Any easy ski-touring 1day trips doable solo in 4 Valleys(CH)?

RockShock on 12 Dec 2012
Hi,

Going to Nendaz in the beginning of march and would like to use the time to try out those new touring skis I got myself as a bit early Xmas present. I am an intermediate skier and I would be going on the trips probably alone, as my friends will stick to alpine skiing.
Are there any super-easy routes that are possible solo in the area? - I guess I am looking at easy peaks with easy descent and no crevasse danger - ie probably max 3000m height to avoid glaciers. I'd only go when avi conditions are favorable, which should be the case in march anyways, so I am willing to assume this will be covered as good as possible going solo (routes where more people are normally present would be good just in case)
Is that asking for too much?

Or should I simply stick to the slopes with the alpine kit and keep on brushing the skills so that I can ski all the blacks well and next year take a proper off-piste course?

On the side: are there any schools in Nendaz/Siviez that run ski-mountaineering courses? Or is Verbier the closest place to do it?

Cheers!
RS
... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums