/ Top Gun, Aonach Beag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jamie B - on 13 Dec 2012
Anyone done this, or got an idea or a photo of where the route goes? I was in the general vicinity yesterday, and have a suspicion that there may have been a rockfall on the final pitch. I can't find it now, but recall a striking photo of one of the FAs pulling through some stacked blocks. Not far right of what is probably the "V-groove" top of Aonach Wall there looked to be a scar and a now barely-feasible exit. Is this it or is it further right towards Raw Egg Buttress?

Not expecting a spate of replies, this whole buttress seems to be shrouded in mystery and doesn't attract the attention it deserves, possibly because of the killer walk-in. But it is good...
Jamie B - on 14 Dec 2012
Hmmmmm.... not going to get much here am I?
Cuthbert on 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:

Me and Mike B went to do this in 1999 but we couldn't be bothered climbing up the slope below the crag.
Milesy - on 14 Dec 2012

But Jamie... You hate UKC being a source of route information do you not? Where is the spirit of adventure? :p
Jamie B - on 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Saor Alba:

> Me and Mike B went to do this in 1999 but we couldn't be bothered climbing up the slope below the crag.

It does go on a bit, doesn't it? Al and I thought we were making good time until we hit that! Fantastic spot though - remote Lochaber!
Jamie B - on 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Milesy:

Very funny.. I'm less interested in doing the route than the history. It was an Alan Mullin route which to my knowledge hasn't been repeated - it would be rather poignant if it had gone the same way as its author...
Milesy - on 14 Dec 2012
Just a joke chief ;)
ads.ukclimbing.com
rogerwebb - on 17 Dec 2012

Its still there according to its other author who was there last week.
(you should have tried the north face walk in before the gondola!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.