/ an stuc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Donnie - on 16 Dec 2012
Hi, does anyone have any idea what the north east face of an stuc and cats gully would count as in terms of a winter grade? Ungraded, grade 1?(cats gully leads up to the NE face from the lochan below an stuc.)

Thanks in advance.
rif on 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Donnie:
I descended the face once, carrying skis; awkward, but not sustained enough to be graded, I'd say.
Nath93 - on 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Donnie: I think Cat Gully gets grade I in winter, don't know if anything else on it would be worth searching out.
In reply to Donnie: I would give it grade I...but only just. It's too steep to be 'walking', so really has to be a climb (of sorts) in my book. Good way up the hill.
Joak - on 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Donnie: Went up this way a few years ago, Lochan na Cat was frozen solid, nice and scenic finishing on a pointy hill with a circuit of the corie via Ben Lawers. Great hill day, would defo do it again.
Donnie - on 16 Dec 2012
In reply to all. Thanks guys. Climbed it yesterday as my first winter climb and was trying to get an idea of how hard other routes will be in comparison. Sounds like easy end of grade one is the consensus.
JohnnyW - on 17 Dec 2012
In reply to Donnie:

Very nearly went to do this yesterday, but decided against it with the weather. My pal only needs An Stuc out of the Lawers munros, so I thought I'd go that way. Good info fellas, thanks.
DougSt - on 17 Dec 2012
In reply to Donnie: FYI Cat Gully is in the SMC Southern HIghlands Guide (p342) at Grade 1.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.