/ North Portuguese Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andrew hammond - on 16 Dec 2012
I'm headed down to the north of Portugal nr. Porto, over christmas/new year, does anybody know of any sport/bouldering zones around?
Alun - on 17 Dec 2012
In reply to andrew hammond:
Northern Portugal isn't the best spot in the world for rock climbing, as far as I'm aware, though of course there is some.

This site has quite a bit of info, though you'll have to brush up on your portuguese: http://spotsescalada.wordpress.com/mapa/
ian Ll-J - on 17 Dec 2012
In reply to andrew hammond: Pedra do Orsa has some good bouldering developed by Moon and Moffatt also some good bouldering near Sinsat both a bit further south from Porto but worth a visit.
Chris Shorter - on 17 Dec 2012

I worked in Braga for around a year and found a few interesting granite boulders but no proper crags in the area. For this, I understand you need to go to the Geres National Park further north but there could even be snow there at this time of year.
andrew hammond - on 17 Dec 2012
In reply to andrew hammond: I'm living in Galicia at the moment, Portuguese is pretty similar to Gallego... Thanks for the help, if there are ben and jerry problems, probably gonna have to get less weak!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Chris Shorter - on 18 Dec 2012
> (In reply to andrew hammond) I'm living in Galicia at the moment, Portuguese is pretty similar to Gallego

Ah Galicia! A very beautiful area; you are very lucky to live there. A few years ago, I enjoyed an excellent trip to Bueu and travelling out to the islands in the Atlantic. My crap standard Spanish didn't work very well around there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.