Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - So 8wks in to returning to climbing and...

flopsicle - on 18 Dec 2012
I've anything but given up! So.... there I was falling off 5as and wanting to improve faster on the local wall but also loving the ride and definitely bitten again by the bug.

Whilst sucking my teeth thinking about possible shortcuts to success it occurred to me that fitter and stronger wouldn't do any harm, then the idea lodged in my head. Nov 30th I gave up the fags, did a 2 mile run including 3/4 mile up hill the day after - albeit I barely trotted home! Since then I've done the same 2 mile route (including git hill from hell, second hill for pud and less walking) 7 times, plus rowed on my ancient thug of a machine umpteen miles and climbed (mostly) twice a week!

I've had some really good days at the wall and some where my mojo has sat waiting outside. God knows why I'm posting this except to say getting back climbing seems to have done me good.

Oh - and I got up 1, only 1, route marked 5c to 6a!!
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums